This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Monday 12 March 2018

Lockdown - The AM13 Outbreak #Zombie #Boxset


26841256_848749005305898_2262926641735461013_o

The deadly AM13 virus is taking over the world, creating hordes of zombies and turning the few survivors into the hunted…

Survivors can only watch humankind dwindle to extinction.

They fight to protect their loved ones, to reach sanctuary, to keep their sanity as civilization is destroyed around them, never knowing if their next breath will be their last.

Will the person they fought beside soon be a flesh-hungry corpse, or even worse, their own prey?


Lockdown Sample

I barely sleep again that night. This time it’s different though. It has nothing to do with everyone else, and everything to do with me. My brain just won’t switch off, no matter what I do. As the worry consumes me, I miss the numbness. I thought that was terrible, but it’s preferable to this. Having anxiety about something you can literally do nothing about is dire.
Before it’s even light, I step out of bed. Lying down restlessly is achieving nothing, so I’d rather chill out by myself for a while with a cup of coffee in hand. I plod across the canteen quietly, listening jealously to all of the random bursts of snoring. I’m too tired to even get annoyed.
As the kettle boils, I idly glance out of the window. I stop in my tracks and move to get a closer look. There’s a lone, dishevelled woman walking past the wall. She’s in a seriously bad way—her clothes are all torn and bloody, her hair is matted with grime, and she has a massive gushing gash on her leg. Something dreadful has happened to her, that much is clear. The awful possibilities race through my mind, sending me into a tailspin.
I bang on the window to let her know I’m there and cry out for someone to call an ambulance. I’m desperate to do something to help her, but she doesn’t even acknowledge me. It’s as if she’s crazy, comatose, like she’s sleepwalking or something. Maybe the loss of blood has sent her into a state of delirium.
Not knowing what other option I have, I turn to race outside. I can’t just stand here and leave her to die of her injuries. I’d never be able to forgive myself! But just as I’m about to rush out of the room, a feeling of unease spreads over me and stops me dead on the spot. I flick my gaze back out to the road and a cold chill comes over me. Now she’s looking this way and I can see her face fully. Her jaw has disconnected and is hanging down from her face and in her hand is a severed human arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...