This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Wednesday 8 January 2020

The Dancing Girls: An absolutely gripping crime thriller with nail-biting suspense by M.M. Chouinard

The Dancing Girls: An absolutely gripping crime thriller with nail-biting suspense (A Detective Jo Fournier Novel Book 1) by [Chouinard, M.M.]
"‘Wow, what a book!! I don't think I drew a full breath for the entire time I was reading… I took it everywhere I went… I needed to read it at every opportunity!… Unbelievably twisty… I loved every word of it!’ Goodreads Reviewer ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jo pulled together the victims’ pictures. In all cases their arms were askew, in a way that looked like—what? It was like they were freeze-framed in the middle of some action. It was like they were dancing.

When loving wife Jeanine Hammond is found dead in a small leafy town in Massachusetts, newly promoted Detective Jo Fournier is shocked to her core. Why leave her body posed like a ballerina? Why steal her wedding band and nothing else? Hungry for answers, Jo questions Jeanine’s husband, but the heart-breaking pain written on his face threatens to tear open Jo’s old wounds. It’s the same pain she felt when her boyfriend was cruelly shot dead by a gang in their hometown of New Orleans. She couldn’t get justice for him, but she’s determined to get justice for Jeanine’s devastated family.

But before Jo can get answers, another woman is found, wedding ring stolen, body posed in the same ritualistic way.

Digging through old files, Jo makes a terrifying link to a series of cold cases. She knows a serial killer is on the loose, but nobody will listen to the truth – not her bosses, nor the FBI. Still, Jo won’t let her superiors keep her from stopping the murderer in his tracks, even if it means the end of her career.

Just as she is beginning to lose hope, she finds messages on the victims’ computers that feel like the crucial missing link. But she knows the murderer is moments away from selecting his next victim. Will she be able to take down the most twisted killer of her career before another innocent life is lost?

An absolutely unputdownable and brilliant new crime thriller series that fans of Robert Dugoni, Lisa Regan and Melinda Leigh will devour in one sitting.

Discover more Detective Jo Fournier thrillers. Each book can be read as a standalone:


    1. The Dancing Girls

    1. Taken to the Grave

    1. Her Daughter’s Cry


Read what everyone is saying about The Dancing Girls:


Loved it, loved it, loved it!!... If I could give it 6 stars I would! In this current climate of ‘twists you will never see coming’ – believe me... you will never see this coming!... Cannot wait for the next book!... Best book I have read for some time.’ NetGalley Reviewer ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Holy Freaking Hell when is the next book out?! From start to finish this book is just WOW!… Keeps you on the edge of your seat… full of twists and turns… Talk about mind-blowing… Want to shout about it from the rooftops… I cannot recommend this book enough.’ Baker’s Not So Secret Blog ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I was just blown away by its climax, wandering around going OMG… Found it totally gripping… impossible to put down.’ Muse Books ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wow, Wow, Wow… the most exciting new author I have read for a long time… Extremely addictive and left me wanting more. This book has everything… and a huge unexpected twist you will not see coming. I can't emphasise enough how much enjoyment I got from reading this Well-deserved 5 stars – Wow.’ Goodreads Reviewer ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wow squared!... A gem of a book and a truly wonderful start of a new series… Left me with an OMG feeling… A brilliant read and I want more. 5 stars.’ B for Bookreview ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘An unpredictable rollercoaster ride with more twists and turns than you would find on a Snakes & Ladders board… I felt as though I had been punched in the gut and they left me breathless. Ginger Book Geek ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...