This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Tuesday 27 June 2017

The Mayfly by Hazel James

With the suspense of JEFFERY DEAVER, the tension of THOMAS HARRIS and as gripping as M. J. ARLIDGE, The Mayfly is a breathtaking debut that will have you leaving your lights on all night.

A mutilated body discovered in the woods. A murderous plan conceived in the past.
A reckoning seventy years in the making . . .

When lawyer Charlie Priest is attacked in his own home by a man searching for information he claims Priest has, he is drawn into a web of corruption that has its roots in the last desperate days of World War Two.

When his attacker is found murdered the next day, Priest becomes a suspect and the only way to clear his name is to find out about the mysterious House of Mayfly - a secret society that people will kill for.

As Priest races to uncover the truth, can he prevent history from repeating itself?


Readers love The Mayfly

'James Hazel grabs you from the off and doesn't let go until the very end.' - Martyn Waites

'Occasionally horrifically shiver inducing, never less than irresistible . . . really top notch.' - Liz Loves Books

'A compelling mystery that has you tearing through the pages. . . Highly recommended' - James Carol, author of the Jefferson Winter series

'Compulsive and engaging' - Bibliophile Book Club

'Addictive . . . wonderfully macabre. I can honestly say that I haven't completed a book in such double quick time as I did The Mayfly. Having been reviewing for over twelve years now, I can sense a good thriller.' - CrimeSquad

Review: I loved this chilling thriller! As soon as I started reading I couldn't stop myself. It was definitely one that kept me up late into the night. As Charlie's past unravels itself through the plot, I got drawn deeper and deeper in until I couldn't extract myself until the explosive ending. A conspiracy that lasted for decades and leaves the reader guessing. Highly recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...