This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Monday 20 November 2017

Black Mercy by @AuthorCarmel



1. Could you tell me a little bit about yourself and your upcoming book?  I'm Carmel. I'm a 30 year old mother of one, who would like to describe myself as a hopeless romantic, but really I just like writing smut. Lithium Waves follows two people who are simply trying to find themselves. It's a mix of sweet romance and steamy sex. The main characters are real and raw and it doesn't hurt that the guy is a tattooed lead singer in a band. 

2. Where does the inspiration for your bad boy character come from? Ryder is the sensitive asshole. There's a line from the book that describes him perfectly. "Ryder may have been nicer than most assholes, but that was like saying Charles Manson wasn't technically a murderer."

3. What do you think attracts us all to a bad boy? I think we all want to be the one who can change him, rather the one he wants to change for. It's great for book boyfriends, it doesn't always work in real life. 

4. Who would you pick to play the characters in your books on the big screen? Ryder- Christopher Mason. Jamie- Amber Heard.

5. Can you describe your writing style in three words?  Poetry and  Chaos

6. Why do you prefer writing bad boy love interests? I love them all, but bad boys are just so fun to write. The things they say will have you clutching your pearls and changing your panties. 

7. Who is your favourite author and what's your favourite book? My favorite romance author changes, but I love poetry and Maya Angelou is like my fairy godmother and her book Letters to my Daughter is one I read annually. 

8. Do you have a book boyfriend created by another author? I have a lot, but number one would be Christian Grey because he was my first. 

9. What are you currently working on or what do you have planned for the future? I'm currently working on Lithium Tides, the follow up to Lithium Waves, and an as yet untitled novella. 

10. Where can people find out more about you? I'm all over the internet, but most active on Facebook if you don't do the Facebook thing, I keep my blog pretty up to date as well 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...