This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Sunday 26 November 2017

Dead Beach by Patrick O’Donnell

23619231_2167507799941879_631877121_n

1. Could you tell me a little bit about yourself and your book series?
I'm a 53 year old man living 30 minutes outside of Milwaukee Wisconsin U.S.A. I was born in Chicago Il. and attended College in Wisconsin. I have worked in 24 hour restaurants, sold cars and tended bar. The last 23 years I have been a Police Sergeant in Milwaukee. I'm married and have a total of 4 kids and 3 dogs. I published two self-help books under pen names and I published book "Mad City" in my Sean Walsh Post Apocalyptic series. I'm currently working on the second book in the series "Dead Beach" In the first book the main character is a former Police Sergeant who was forced to retire early due to a bad shoot. Some time after that there was a limited nuclear war and the story begins with him dealing with a post apocalyptic world. He has to face his inner demons and find his children. He is forced to work for the new government as an agent in an effort to use their resources to find his children.

2. Where does the inspiration for your apocalyptic world come from?
Books, T.V. and movies. Also my experience as in the police department.

3. How long do you think you would survive the zombie apocalypse?
I think I would do pretty good. I like to think I'm a resilient kinda guy. I'm experienced with a variety of weapons and am proficient with them.

4. Who would you pick to play the characters in your books on the big screen?
Daniel Craig would do a good job. I hear he doesn't want to do James Bond anymore.

5. Can you describe your writing style in three words?
Easy, smooth flowing

6. Do you prefer writing heroes or villains?
I like 'less than perfect' heroes

7. Who is your favorite author and what's your favorite book?
I don't have a favorite. My top ones would be Steven King and A.R. Shaw, Boyd Craven, Craig Martelle and of course Samie Sands. I don't have a favorite book I like so many of them.

8. What do you like about writing horror?
I like the tension and 'life and death' situations I put my characters in.

9. What are you currently working on or what do you have planned for the future?
I'm currently about 30% done with the sequel to my first PA book. Depending on how this series does, I would like to continue it until it doesn't sell anymore. I would like to take a stab at comedy, more sci-fi and more self-help.

10. Where can people find out more about you?
My facebook page "Sean Walsh Post Apocalyptic Series", on Amazon, and email; mochaboone@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...