This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Saturday 23 June 2018

Lottie Loves is still #FREE but not for much longer...

Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000447_00006]
“Will you marry me?”

Four words I’ve waited my whole life to hear. Four words I was sure would change my life forever…and they did. Just not in the way I expected.

Finding out my extremely gorgeous rock star boyfriend was about to propose had the complete opposite effect I thought it would. Rather than catapult me into a future I’ve always wanted, it plunged me back to a past I tried to forget.

Now I can’t get him out of my head. I can’t help but wonder what could have been, how our lives would have ended up if he didn’t leave me behind, a shattered mess.

All these memories are dangerous. They’re bringing my past back to ruin my future. And worst of all, they’re taking me right back to him, my childhood sweetheart, my first love…my biggest regret.


Excerpt:

The heart ache from seeing those pictures.
The stupid message I sent to Joe, unleashing something that had been locked up for years.
My dad...him and one of his other children.
Oh God, what the hell was I supposed to do with any of that?
Almost as if Danny could sense me touching my phone, it started ringing again with his number plastered across the screen. I didn’t want to answer it, I was nowhere near ready to deal with him again, but at the same time I needed to shut that damn noise up before it burst my aching skull in two. Of course, I could have achieved that by simply cutting him off, but my foggy brain wasn’t thinking straight enough to be able to work that out.
“Hello?” I croaked into the phone, slamming my head back down into my hot, sweaty pillow. I shut my eyes, trying to block the rest of the world out, but unfortunately all that left me with was his voice. At any other time in my life, that would have been a very welcome thing, but right now it grated on every single one of my organs, creating an itch that I really couldn’t scratch.
“Oh my God, Lottie...thank goodness you answered. Are you okay?” he gushed in a thick-sounding voice. I’d only heard that tone before when he hadn’t slept all night—and considering all the calls I’d had, it felt like maybe that could be the case.
“Erm, yeah,” I replied, not really knowing what he expected me to say to that one. Of course I wasn’t okay, how the hell could he even ask me that? He’d probably worked himself up into such a frenzy that he didn’t even know anymore.
“Look, I just want you to give me the chance to explain,” he pleaded desperately. “I need you to hear me out before you jump to all kinds of crazy conclusions...”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...