This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Sunday 22 June 2014

Goddess Fish Party Pavilion: Interview with Samie Sands

Goddess Fish Party Pavilion: Interview with Samie Sands:



1. Can you please tell me a little about yourself and your book?
I'm Samie Sands, an author from the UK. I live in a small seaside village, but love to travel for writing inspiration. Lockdown is a zombie chick lit style book which follows news researcher Leah as she accidentally sends a zombie apocalypse viral. The government decides to quarantine everyone inside their own homes and soon Leah starts to see that this might be for the best...

2. What was the inspiration behind Lockdown?
I wrote the story that I wanted to read. I love zombie fiction, but the main characters tend to be military men with unbelievable survivalist skills. What about the rest of us? I'm sure we've all thought how we'd cope in a zombie apocalypse, and it was through these thoughts that my characters were born.

3. How would you describe your writing style in three words?
Fast-paced, funny and descriptive.

4. What makes your writing stand out from the crowd?
I don't like to stick to one genre, or follow the typical rules. In Lockdown Leah is a flawed character, unlike other books I've read where authors have made their characters perfect, but I think these faults make her more believable and easier to relate to.

5. Who would you like to play your main characters in the film?
I'd love Rachel McAdams to play Leah, Michelle Rodriguez to play Michelle and James Macavoy to play Jake.

6. Do you base your characters on yourself or anyone you know?
Leah started off very loosely based on myself, but she very quickly took on her own personality and blossomed into very much her own person.

7. What's next for you?
The sequel to Lockdown is in progress and should be ready for release this year and I'm also creating a zombie anthology so am currently looking for contributing authors for this (http://thelockdown.co.uk/zombie-anthology).

8. Where can people find out more about you?
The Lockdown Website: http://thelockdown.co.uk
Author Website: http://samiesands.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...