This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Thursday 12 February 2015

Forgotten Places Author Interviews: Ashley Hunt

Forgotten Places
1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
About me is always a tricky question I think. You are talking about a real person with a Kaleidoscope of experiences. I think the best over view is My name is Ashley, which means Cinder maid. I am currently 31 years old, but won't be next year (Taurus!). I love to read and I kind of never decided to write. One day (when I was about 8) I was holding a pencil and a whole story just leaked right out. Sometimes I feel like my stories are not mine, but little entities all of their own that have landed on my shoulder and whisper in my ear that they may live immortality upon the page. I study classic novels, fantasy novels, fairytales, Perualt and  Du-alnoy in particular (The really old, dark, creepy ones) human anatomy, Massage and tarot cards. I also know . 

2. What can you tell me about your story in Forgotten Places?
This is another fun question because any writer will talk your ear off in spades over their latest writing. We're like parents with a newborn baby.  Forgotten places, I have an abandoned train station in Georgia. (A country up near Russia, I googled it) The picture looked so much like a portal to another world. Before I even had time to grab a pen, the story took form of a human girl stuck in the world of fairies. The story is about her desire to go home and what she is willing to sacrifice. 

3. Aside from the location, what was your inspiration for the story?
I was always fascinated by the world of the fae. Most people were interested in things from outer space and distant planets  but I was always more interested in what was on THIS planet. Changelings in particular caught my fancy because when you thing of living in a world of eternity among sprites, you kind of get this happy rainbow land idea in your head. And Changelings are humans trapped there against their will.

4. Do you have any other written works or is this your first?
Writing yes, Published work, not just yet. I am trying to get another story I've written (Quest of the kitchen boy) out into the published world. It is very different from Changeling, but it is still a lot of fun

5. Can you describe your writing style in three words?
1 word to describe my writing; "Chameleon."  I can write just about any style I decide will fit the tone best.  

6. Where can people find out more about you?

A rich, diverse collection of short stories inspired by some of Earth's forgotten places. Organised by best-selling author Josh Walker and edited by Angel Blackwood, this collection of inspired stories brings something new and exciting. All proceeds from this anthology will be donated to St Judes Children's Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...