This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Saturday 21 February 2015

Forgotten Places Author Interviews: Angel Thomas

10361339_271958479650712_494268785277658541_n
1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself? 
About me questions are always hard. I'm an avid reader, writer and artist. I've been writing since I was thirteen. I love tabletop games, and I love writing them. I've finished several manuscripts, got very close to publication, and had to pull back for personal reasons. My family is wonderfully supportive except when my daughter walks up and closes my laptop so I'll play with her. 

2. What can you tell me about your story in Forgotten Places? 
My story was set in Centralia, Pennsylvania. The founder was named Faust. I wrote about Mephistopheles and Faustus founding this town so that they could use the rare coal under the land to draw the humans there. There was a min fire in the town in the 1960s, and I try to incorporate it and as much real history into my story as possible.  

3. Aside from the location, what was your inspiration for the story? 
When I found out the name of the founder was Faust, I thought of Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe. It's my favorite play. I wanted to write about Faustus' punishment after the end of the play. This story was just one glimpse into the kinds of things he's being forced to do.
 
4. Do you have any other written works or is this your first? 
I've written and completed three manuscripts and am in the process of writing two others. I haven't had anything published yet. This will be my first, and I'm quite excited. 
 
5. Can you describe your writing style in three words? 
dark, gritty fantasy
6. Where can people find out more about you?
People can find out more about me by visiting my author page on Facebook. It's https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angel-Blackwood/271953039651256
Forgotten Places
A rich, diverse collection of short stories inspired by some of Earth’s forgotten places. Organised by best-selling author Josh Walker and edited by Angel Blackwood, this collection of inspired stories brings something new and exciting. All proceeds from this anthology will be donated to St Judes Children’s Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...