This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Forgotten Places Author Interviews: Sydnie Beaupre

10360236_10152489037389665_2272122827223522435_n
1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
My name is Sydnie Beaupré. I was born three months premature and as a result have had to overcome many obstacles such as sensory and motor issues, but I'm stronger for my struggles and am happy where I am now in life. When I'm not writing or reading, you can find me playing the violin, singing awkwardly to myself in and out of the shower, and obsessing over llamas. I have great friends and family, and live in Montreal, Quebec! (I'm really awkward and bad at about me things). 
2. What can you tell me about your story in Forgotten Places?
My story, Alice Rising, is pretty interesting I think. I won't give too much away, but I can tell you that it involves a different dimension called Dust with mythological creatures and an albino mouse named Louis. I hope that you'll fall in love with Aleecia, the protagonist, and her wonderful adventure into the strange world of Dust. 
3. Aside from the location, what was your inspiration for the story?
Besides from the New Bedford Orpheum, which was my location, my story is based off of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll but pretty loosely.
4. Do you have any other written works or is this your first?
I have many other written works, so no, this isn't my first. Most of my stories are for young adults/teens, so when I heard this anthology is for children I kind of happy danced, to tell you the truth.
5. Can you describe your writing style in three words?
Deep, idiosyncratic, Enticing
6. Where can people find out more about you?
Oh, you can go to these two places to read most of my works for free:
   You can go to my website here which has the link to my blog: 
Forgotten Places
A rich, diverse collection of short stories inspired by some of Earth’s forgotten places. Organised by best-selling author Josh Walker and edited by Angel Blackwood, this collection of inspired stories brings something new and exciting. All proceeds from this anthology will be donated to St Judes Children’s Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...