This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Sunday 8 March 2015

Forgotten Places Author Interviews: Kevin S. Hall

10801845_967035103326367_4011172414137518285_n
Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
I am Kevin Hall, 34, who loves writing about horror, fantasy and Sci-Fi, and I hope to be a full time writer one day and Games Designer, which I am currently doing a course on at the moment.

What can you tell me about your story in Forgotten Places?
It is set near the Maunsel Sea Forts and it’s in the vein of Percy Jackson and Harry Potter, but a new twist on supernatural and fantasy young adult books. I hope to make this into a series someday, as the way the story ends there is potential to tell more of the world and its characters.

Aside from the location, what was your inspiration for the story?
I thought it would be a very creepy location in the middle of the night but I also wanted to pay respect to the people who died there in the past. I guess my inspiration came from some classic adventure stories like Treasure Island and to have that sense of mystery and wonder.

Do you have any other written works or is this your first?
I have written a collection of horror stories called Thirteen, and you can find it on amazon under Thirteen By Kevin Hall, or Thirteen: Special Edition. I am currently writing several books – I know, I need to do one at a time but they are all such fun! –Thirteen 2: The Horror Continues, Monster Maker: Unleash The Beast, which has its own Facebook group, and a short story The Weeping Dark. You can also find some Christmas stories of mine in Holiday Horror 2014, also on amazon.

Can you describe your writing style in three words?
Horrifically Good Fun.

Where can people find out more about you?

Forgotten Places
A rich, diverse collection of short stories inspired by some of Earth’s forgotten places. Organised by best-selling author Josh Walker and edited by Angel Blackwood, this collection of inspired stories brings something new and exciting. All proceeds from this anthology will be donated to St Judes Children’s Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...