This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Unleash the Undead Author Interviews: B.S. Purwanda

kanvas_sketsa03B
 1. Can you please tell me a little bit about yourself and your work?
In literary world, you can find me with the name "B.S. Purwanda". The history of that name is not short. I had changed my pen names for times. But finally I thought about why don't I be my own self? So I chose to simplify 2-first words of my real name initially. After deciding that pen name, I thought and shouted so loud by myself, hey, that's cool!
 
My works mostly are short stories, novels, and poems. Majority of them are done for fulfilling the requirements of writing competitions. Unfortunately, only a little of them are compiled in books. Only a little of them are succeeded to be published, from short stories list, I worked for "Tutur Mawar" (A Rose Told) in "Karena Kau Lindungiku" (Because of Your Protections), the winners' short stories compilation book. From poems, you can find my work titled "Infected" in "Unleash the Undead" compilation book. And my first-published novel titled "Kanvas" (Canvas) is under publication process, will be published commonly in 2015.  
 
2. Can you please describe your story in Unleash the Undead?
In "Unleash the Undead" compilation book, I wrote a poem titled "Infected". The main inspiration was zombie who usually brings the deathly diseases for human, and I was the infected one. When I wrote that poem, I felt like when the diseases changed my body, my fitness, my thought, my mind, and my desires. Then, voila, "Infected" was done.
 
3. How do you think you think you would fare in the zombie apocalypse?
Ah, I can't imagine that. But I swear, whoever they are, zombies are cool. They still walk although they're dead, and they always be, they always will.
 
4. What are you currently working on?
I am working for novels and participating some writing competitions currently. 
 
5. Where can people find out more about you?
You can visit my own literary blog on bspurwanda.blogspot.com; and follow me on Twitter: @bintangespe. Enjoy that all, and see you there! :)

23265736

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...