This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Saturday 15 November 2014

Unleash the Undead Author Interviews: J.L.Drake

IMG_1402
1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself and your work?
I'm originally from Nova Scotia, Canada moved to LA roughly eight years ago. I started writing when I heard a friend self published a book on Amazon. Something clicked inside and fourteen months later I was uploading What Lurks in the Dark to amazon and kindle.

I've always been interested in suspenseful reads, I'm a huge fan of James Patterson and I'm huge fan of erotica novels so I decided to combine the two. Mind you What Lurks in the Dark is much tamer than the other ones coming.

Samie asked me to participate in Zombie Anthony, it's not my genre and knew nothing about zombies but it perked my interested. Two weeks later Bunker 219 was finished. It's not the typical blood and gore but it was my version of how I'd like to read a zombie story. 
WLITD Front Cover
 
 2. Can you please describe your story in Unleash the Undead?
 
Bunker 219 is about a woman Abby who lives her quiet little life in California. She has a good job and a "loving" fiancĂ©. One day Abby's bother is handed a piece of evidence that gets him into trouble. He goes missing, making his friend Hudson go looking for him. Hudson asks Abby for help which sends them on a suspenseful journey into an under ground bunker where they find themselves in a heap of trouble. They get separated, interrogated and get held in flesh covered rooms. They fight like hell to get out, and when they do things don't go exactly as planned. 
 
3. How do you think you think you would fare in the zombie apocalypse?
 
"Peace out!" I'd off myself, I couldn't deal. 
 
4. What are you currently working on?
 
I just finished my first trilogy called Broken that should be released in January and am currently writing the follow up novel to What Lurks in the Dark. 
 
5. Where can people find out more about you?
 
You can find me at:
Facebook.com/jldrakeauthor
Instagram @jldrake
Twitter @jodildrake_j
jodildrake@outlook.com
Amazon.com What Lurks in the Dark 
Amazon.com Unleash the Undead
23265736 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...