This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Interview with J.Rudolph

1. Tell me about yourself and your work.
Hi, I’m Julie, the author of The Reanimates Series, which is about a nurse named Cali who had a normal life in Southern California until the zombie apocalypse happened. It follows her fight to survive from the day the zombies hit her area and her fight to keep her friends and family alive.
“Hi, I’m Julie, the author of The Reanimates Series, which is about a nurse named Cali who had a normal life in Southern California until the zombie apocalypse happened. It follows her fight to survive from the day the zombies hit her area and her fight to keep her friends and family alive.”
2. What was the inspiration behind your books?
“The inspiration behind The Reanimates was in reading all the zombie books that featured either mostly men and their guns or people that had some sort of inside information or immunity to the virus. I wondered what normal people would do to survive the zombies, and by extension how a woman would be able to be an integral part to survival in a group setting.”
3. Are any of the characters based on yourself or anyone you know?
“Part of the series is based on things I relate to. Like Cali, I’m a nurse, a mom, and a wife. I live in an apartment complex as well, although it is much larger than the story. The characters are based around the conversations I’ve had with my husband while we were waiting in line at the bank or grocery stores. The neighbors in the story are part of my imagining what the people in my complex could be like if we all had to work together, although I don’t actually know them.”
4. How long do you think you’d survive the zombie apocalypse?
“The only way I can imagine surviving the zombie apocalypse is in prevention from them getting too close. I’m not particularly athletic. I broke my lower back stopping a patient from falling, so running isn’t really something I can do well. Fortunately I have a lot of good plans.”
5. What would be your weapon of choice?
“If I could only have one weapon I think a crossbow would be my first choice. You can reuse the ammo and you can make more bolts out of several things like tent poles or those round wooden rods.”
“My website is http://www.jrudolph.com There are links to each of the books there, available on Kindle or paperback.
I love likes on my Facebook page, and the link there is http://www.facebook.com/JRudolphAuthor “
Get your own interview at http://thelockdown.co.uk/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...