This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Thursday 20 February 2014

The Work of Kevin S Hall

Tell me about the books you are currently working on.

I am working on Thirteen – a collection of horror stories that I have been working on for a long time, but so far they are coming along nicely. I am also writing a novel called Raven’s Edge too, which is a ghost story set in Scotland. It is going to be a planned trilogy – I hope!

What is the inspiration behind your work.

For Thirteen it was my love of horror, especially books by Stephen King and James Herbert. I had lots of ideas for novels but the idea hit me to make them into short stories instead. It’s been a challenge but a fun one! For Raven’s Edge, it was inspired by real life ghost towns and the horrors that could have gone on there, as well as nods to Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

How do you think you’d cope with the horrible situations you write about.

Haha, I am not sure… Some of my characters get into really bad situations but there is always a light at the end of the long, dark tunnel. I guess I would just run away!

What attracted you to the horror genre and how do you think your stories differ from others?

I guess it started with watching all the video nasties in the 1990s, such as Evil Dead, Texas Chainsaw and The Exorcist. My favourite film is Pet Sematary but I also love the Japanese horrors like Ringu and Ju-On: The Grudge. I hope people like my stories – I tried to make them dark funny and scary as well as a little gory, so hopefully they feel original too!

And then tell me about any future projects you are planning?

I plan to do a sequel to Raven’s Edge and a prequel, and I am working on a comedy fantasy called The Last Wizard and a horror comedy Death Wants To Die, so watch this space!

Find out more about this fabulous author at https://www.facebook.com/groups/269963769794806/?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...