This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Thursday 6 February 2014

Wendy Won't Go - Amanda M Lyons


1. Could you tell me a little bit about yourself and your writing style?

I’m a horror writer who lives in small town Ohio with my fiance and two kids ages 8 and 18 months. While I’m a horror writer I do tend to have other elements in there fantasy, fairy tales, urban legends, paranormal tales- all kinds of stuff. Most of what I write is story driven, usually the characters and the circumstances they’re living through are the central part of the story. It’s horror, but it’s also a story with some weight to it.

2. What inspires your writing?

Lots of things. Reading a great book, reading a bad one, having a moment where I ask myself what if?, dreams, news a piece of art, just a lot of stuff.

3. Do you base any of your characters/plot lines on yourself
or anyone you know?

Yes, but it’s never exactly based on that person or life experience, it’s always just a little to the side of being that direct about it. For instance Wendy Won’t Go a novelette I have out is a bit of a twist on the what if scenario of my son’s birth. We didn’t know until they had me open for the c-section that I had septate uterus and placenta acreta. If I had tried having him naturally there was a very real sense that I would have died like Wendy did. In a lot of ways many of my characters have slivers of me in them.

4. What advice would you give to a writer starting out?

Read, write and find readers to read your work. Do everything you can to develop your voice and your ability to hone your work.

5. Are there any of your books you'd like to plug or any
future projects you'd like to tell us about?

Wendy Won’t Go is currently out on the market and you can find it on Amazon it’s a ghost story about a family locked in grief that is so powerful it’s tearing them apart. There are other elements to it as well, it’s got little bits and pieces you can pull out and think about. It’s a long short story but it’s got a lot of impact.

I’m working with some of the author at JEA on a collaborative novel called Feral Hearts about a singles tour that runs afoul of some really nasty vamps and also a short story collection with my brother Robert Lyons II, it’ll be called Apocrypha and features some stories from both of us.

Keep up to date with Amanda M Lyons on her facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amanda-M-Lyons-Author/357528661024257?fref=ts

...and get Wendy Won't Go on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Wendy-Wont-Go-Amanda-Lyons-ebook/dp/B00HCYBKYC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391675033&sr=8-1&keywords=wendy+wont+go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...